The quiz you see above will help you determine if you have the experience to apply for a Certified Professional Landman (CPL) designation from the American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL). In the quiz you'll be asked to identify if your experience is "Qualifying Landwork" or "Other Landwork". See the definitions below to correctly answer the questions.
What is Qualifying Landwork?
- Negotiating for the acquisition or divestiture of mineral rights.
- Negotiating business agreements that provide for the exploration for and/or development of minerals.
- Determining ownership in minerals through the research of public and private records.
What is Other Landwork?
- Reviewing the status of title, curing title defects, providing title due diligence and otherwise reducing title risk associated with ownership in minerals or the acquisition and divestiture of mineral properties, but shall not include division order or lease analyst functions.
- Managing rights and/or obligations derived from ownership of interests in minerals.
- Unitizing or pooling of interests in minerals.